Recently we have observed a growing demand from the wine producing countries for articles, websites and so on to be translated into Chinese as wine businesses push into the Greater China market. We have also observed that most translators are not familiar with wine terms or the wine business in general, with the result that their translations are often poor, seldom idiomatic and sometimes frankly bizarre. Unable to read Chinese, the client is of course unaware of these shortcomings. We set up the Viniscript platform to bring greater quality and professionalism to this area by linking professional wine writers in Greater China with producers and winemakers around the world.
- All translators have at least three years’ experience in wine writing and translation. All have interviewed winemakers and visited major wine regions.
- All translations are done in an idiomatic manner true to the meaning of the original yet understood by locals.
- Translations can be in either simplified (for mainland China) or traditional (for Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) characters.
- To ensure consistency, we provide all our translators with a standard Chinese terminology covering grape varieties, country-specific terms and a winemaking glossary.
- We promise a prompt and reliable service.
How does ViniScript work?
- Client sends documents to be translated to ViniScript for quotation and mutually agreed deadline.
- The work is referred to the pool of professional wine writers in Greater China registered with ViniScript.
- The work is assigned to the translator (or, in some larger cases, a team of translators) who commits to being able to meet the deadline.
- All works are proofread by another professional wine writer before being passed to the client as final.
- Payment to be settled prior to the release of the translated work.
What can we translate?
- Wine articles
- Tasting notes
- Business names (both translation and transliteration, including a small market survey and preliminary search to eliminate similar names that have already been registered)
- Slogans (again including a small market survey to check for similar slogans and market acceptance)
Our primary service is English to Chinese but we may also be able to provide translations in other languages. Please contact us for a quotation.
Opportunities for translators
ViniScript is constantly looking for qualified partners to join our pool of translators. If you are an experienced wine writer and would like to be part of this dynamic team, please contact us for further discussion.
成為 ViniScript 翻譯員